Thursday, 8 September 2016

How I'm Keeping Hydrated!

Since having R, my aim has been to increase my water consumption. After all, hydration is extremely important for breastfeeding mothers and it also benefits to weight loss and generally staying healthy.


I recently bought a large sports bottle in aid to achieve my goal. 
Since having bought the bottle, I have kept it topped up on nice refreshing water during the day and it has always been in close proximity. 
On an evening, I fill it slightly with water and freeze on it's side, meaning when I fill with water on the morning, I have a nice ice cold drink to keep me refreshed and wake me up!


It is recommended that women drink 2 litres of water a day and men to drink 2.5 litres of water a day. 80% of this should come from drinking while the other 20% from foods.

 By these stats, that means I should only need to fill my water bottle twice a day to keep up with the recommended intake. Easy peasy!

Unfortunately, water doesn't hold the key to miraculously shifting that extra stone I want to shift, however it does stop me snacking as I find that most of the time, when I crave a snack, it is usually because I am thirsty rather than hungry. 

I just hope I keep up to this drinking malarkey!
Now it's time to start some exercise and that stone should be gone in no time, and my milk supply will be better than ever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...